Essential conditions for selecting an ergonomic chair
In general, people who work all day sitting are more likely to have thought more about bed mattresses than chairs.
Of course, sleep is important.
However, if you spend a few hours (more than 8 hours) at your desk, you might want to pay more attention to a chair that doesn’t put too much strain on your back.
Working in an office usually requires you to spend a lot of time sitting in an office chair, a posture that puts stress on the structures of the spine. Therefore, to avoid developing or worsening back problems, it is important to use an office chair that is ergonomic, supports the lower back and promotes good posture.
It induces good posture so that you can work comfortably, and it helps you to go home with a comfortable feeling after a long day in the office.
What is an ergonomic office chair?
There are several types of ergonomic chairs for use in the office.
No office chair of any type is necessarily the best, but there are a few things that are very important to finding a good ergonomic office chair.
Essential features of an ergonomic office chair
- Sitting height: The seat height of the office chair should be easily adjustable. The height is adjustable with the pneumatic adjustment lever. Adjustable height about 30 cm to 50 cm from the floor, suitable for most people. This allows users to have their thighs level and their arms flat on the floor, regardless of desk height. Good posture can help reduce back pain.
- Seat Width and Depth: The seat must be of sufficient width and depth to comfortably support all users. Generally, a width of 30 cm to 45 cm is standard. There should be approximately 5 to 10 cm of clearance between the back of the knee and the seat, deep enough (from front to back of the seat) to allow the user to sit with his back on the backrest of an ergonomic office chair. The tilt of the seat forward or backward must be adjustable.
Office Chair Computer High Back Adjustable Ergonomic Desk Chair Executive PU Leather Swivel Task Chair with Armrests Lumbar Support (Black)
NOBLEWELL Office Chair Ergonomic Office Chair High Back Mesh Computer Chair with Lumbar Support Adjustable Armrest, Backrest and Headrest
High Back Executive Office Chair- Ergonomic Home Computer Desk Leather Chair with Padded Flip-up Arms, Adjustable Tilt Lock, Swivel Rolling Chair for Adult Working Study-Black
- Lumbar Support: The lumbar support of an ergonomic chair is very important. The lumbar spine curves inward, and sitting for long periods of time without support for this curve tends to result in a slouched position and strain the structures of the lower vertebrae. An ergonomic chair should have lumbar adjustments (both height and depth) to ensure that each user achieves an appropriate fit to support the inner curve of the lower back.
- Backrest: The backrest of the ergonomic office chair should be between 30cm and 45cm wide. If the backrest is separate from the seat, the height and angle must be adjustable. It should be able to support the natural curve of the spine and special attention should be paid to proper support of the lumbar region. If the office chair has an integrated seat and backrest, the backrest should be able to adjust its fore-and-aft angle and, once the user has determined the appropriate angle, must have a locking mechanism to secure it from being pushed back too far.
Ergonomic Gaming Chair Executive Desk Recliner Computer Seat Swivel Office Chair
$114.99 in stock
Wide Size : The office chair is larger than other chairs, and it could accommodate different body build. The recline function makes you tilt the backrest back 90~160°(Only#Gaming Chair can) or sit straight freely.
Leather Video Gaming Racing Chair Ergonomic Swivel Computer Office Desk Chair
$112.99 in stock
You can find your optimal position by raising/lowering the height and adjusting reclining degrees between 90°-160°( # Without Footrest can not). The 360° rotating casters allow you to quietly move to any direction.
- Seat Material: The material of the office chair seat and backrest should be padded enough to be comfortable for long periods of sitting. It is better to use a fabric that is breathable rather than a hard surface.
- Armrests: Office chair armrests should be adjustable. Your arms should rest comfortably and your shoulders should be able to relax. Your elbows and forearms should rest lightly, and your forearms should not rest on the armrests while typing.
- Base: Conventional style or ergonomic chairs should be able to rotate easily so that the user can reach other parts of the desk without overdoing it.
Home Office Chair Bedroom Dormitory Computer Mesas Comfortable 360° Swivel Lift Handrail Back Desk Chair Writing Chair Shipping
2022 New Chair Executive Silla Oficina Staff Leisure Computer Chair Swivel Function Arozzi Silla Piel Comfortable Design Bedroom Chair With Footrest
$110.53 in stock
2022 New gaming chair,Massage computer chair,leather office chair,gamer swivel chair,Home furniture Internet Cafe gaming Chair
$100.87 in stock